“The person who controls the media is the one who controls the world. That person controls what you see, what you hear, what you think, and what you think determines your character and your character determines your direction”.
The music and entertainment industry plays a very critical part in every society. It provides a platform to unwind and relax from every form of stress, thus contributing in no small measure to societal wellbeing and development.
Gospel music particularly takes this a step further by providing an unusual experience of entertainment, inspiration as well as healing the society. The Crystal Awards has created an avenue to engender creativity thereby enhancing the capacity of the industry to deliver on this all-important role of positively influencing the society.
- The need to reward the minds and acts behind Gospel Music production in Nigeria
- The need to project gospel artiste as a people of purpose, culture, values and standard.
- The need to stop the brain drain of artiste and talents within gospel industry to the secular society.
- To initiate a major shift from mediocrity in music production to celebrating professionalism.
- The need to have an indigenous yet international platform for standard Award ceremony in gospel music industry just like the Stellar and Dove Awards in the United States.
- The need to provide the Nigerian audience and fans across the world with quality entertainment and value for their money like never before.
- The need to create platform for the introduction of new Artistes, Creativity and talents.
- The need to develop today’s youth capacity to shun the vices of contemporary society